Are you looking for low-cost Fiat 500 insurance in Milwaukee? Are you drained from being strong-armed each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Wisconsin.
A study showed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save as much as $860 each year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. People have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Milwaukee.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price on Fiat 500 insurance in Milwaukee at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate now. Don’t believe everything you read about 500 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Milwaukee.
Getting quotes for the lowest-priced insurance in Milwaukee is actually quite simple. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to save money without having to cut coverage. Vehicle owners only have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare insurance rates from many different companies.
Best companies for Fiat 500 insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Fiat 500 insurance in Milwaukee
Insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Milwaukee auto insurance but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should help lower your policy cost.
Companies that may include most of these discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Milwaukee.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Milwaukee.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Milwaukee may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Milwaukee?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Milwaukee?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Upon receiving positive feedback to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, consumers can cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t think you are locked into the car insurance policy indefinitely.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Wisconsin drivers can’t escape the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save just by moving your auto insurance policy to them.
How can each company give you a lower rate on Fiat 500 insurance in Milwaukee? This is how they do it.
Many companies give the best rates for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 45, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Milwaukee and will most likely cut their Fiat 500 insurance rates if they switch.
People who do not match the ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The trick companies use is to say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save money. That’s the way companies can make claims that they all have the best prices.
Different companies use different criteria so you really should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Shop smart and save
Budget-friendly car insurance in Milwaukee can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
You just read many ways to shop for Fiat 500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)