How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest Dodge Stratus insurance in Milwaukee? Are you burned out from trying to scrape together enough money to buy auto insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other drivers.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Wisconsin drivers can cut their rates by nearly $400 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s smart to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Milwaukee two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Shopping around for the cheapest auto insurance policy in Milwaukee is not as time-consuming as you think. Basically, every car owner who shops around for auto insurance will most likely find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Wisconsin vehicle owners should learn the way companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
How to buy Dodge Stratus insurance in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
When shopping for inexpensive Milwaukee car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from local Milwaukee car insurance companies. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to drive to all the different Milwaukee insurance agencies. Quoting Dodge Stratus insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained advice of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy. Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discount Milwaukee auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn cheaper rates.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Stratus in Milwaukee, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Dodge and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Local Milwaukee insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Milwaukee.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Milwaukee who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of auto insurance companies in Milwaukee that may be able to provide rate quotes for Dodge Stratus insurance in Milwaukee.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Milwaukee?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Milwaukee?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?