Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Dodge Ram 2500 in Wisconsin can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for your Dodge and locate the lowest price.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Milwaukee last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best way to find better coverage on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Milwaukee at a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$140||$294||$294||$18||$88||$834||$70|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$254||$484||$340||$20||$102||$1,200||$100|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$172||$398||$272||$16||$82||$940||$78|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$96||$212||$244||$14||$74||$640||$53|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$156||$346||$250||$14||$74||$840||$70|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$254||$484||$340||$20||$102||$1,200||$100|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$118||$218||$272||$16||$82||$706||$59|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$248||$484||$260||$16||$78||$1,086||$91|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$254||$406||$340||$20||$102||$1,122||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$194||$358||$250||$14||$74||$890||$74|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$158||$222||$340||$20||$102||$842||$70|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$214||$564||$294||$18||$88||$1,178||$98|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$248||$548||$260||$16||$78||$1,150||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$244||$484||$314||$18||$94||$1,154||$96|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$226||$388||$268||$16||$80||$978||$82|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$224||$352||$260||$16||$78||$930||$78|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$242||$468||$314||$18||$94||$1,136||$95|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$274||$500||$350||$20||$106||$1,250||$104|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$236||$476||$272||$16||$82||$1,082||$90|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$446||$268||$16||$80||$1,060||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can alter premiums substantially.
Careless Milwaukee drivers pay higher rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Milwaukee
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Take these eight policy discounts and save on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Milwaukee
Companies don't always list all their discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Ram 2500 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance coverage on a new Ram 2500 can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driving class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Milwaukee Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Milwaukee can save you money since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, distant student, early shopping, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, driver training, and seat belt use.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include teen driver, group or association, paperless, anti-theft, multi-policy, student away at school, and paid in full.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, air bag, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-policy, defensive driver, military installation, new vehicle, and safe driver.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Milwaukee.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, it's recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Listed below are independent agents in Milwaukee who can help you get price quotes.
- Tilley Insurance
12344 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53228 - (414) 235-3561 - View Map
- Brew City Insurance
2937 S Chicago Ave - South Milwaukee, WI 53172 - (414) 762-6600 - View Map
- Unisource Insurance Associates, LLC
10425 W North Ave #226 - Milwaukee, WI 53226 - (414) 774-7040 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Milwaukee exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Joseph Setum Jr
3457 S Kinnickinnic Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53207 - (414) 769-0701 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Gregory Felzer
790 N Milwaukee St #110 - Milwaukee, WI 53202 - (414) 224-9000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cyndy Johnson
3801 W Fond Du Lac Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53216 - (414) 445-2558 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When buying coverage, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Wisconsin?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Ram 2500 is totaled?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Dodge Ram 2500.
Since many Wisconsin drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Ram 2500 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Ram 2500 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, court costs and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more to save more
You just read a lot of information how to shop for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)