I really doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
A study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Milwaukee could save about 30% every year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, follow these tips to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Milwaukee is really not that difficult. Drivers just need to understand the fastest way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Drivers with little experience tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress employer? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like military generals, business owners and dentists usually pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and long work days. Other careers like actors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most companies allow better rates to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Cheaper to insure females? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Wisconsin generally give the lowest premiums to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Subaru. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles define how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Where can I get the cheapest Milwaukee Subaru Tribeca insurance?
Reducing your Subaru Tribeca insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to different Milwaukee agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribeca 3.6R Limited||$106||$218||$242||$14||$72||$652||$54|
|Tribeca 3.6R Premium||$216||$412||$234||$14||$70||$946||$79|
|Tribeca 3.6R Touring||$224||$352||$230||$14||$68||$888||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can impact prices considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Subaru Tribeca insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance buyers beware
Wisconsin consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to advertise the message about how much you will save if you switch to them.
How does every company offer you a better deal on Subaru Tribeca insurance in Milwaukee? This is the way they can do it.
Companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. An example of a profitable risk profile may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives a safe vehicle. Anyone who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and will also cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t meet the ideal profile may receive a higher rate with the end result being the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This really illustrates why you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best rates for your profile.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Milwaukee Tribeca insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru Tribeca but also your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they are good drivers.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To choose car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Wisconsin, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Milwaukee.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Milwaukee auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When finding an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee that can possibly get you price quote information.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Milwaukee exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Wisconsin?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Lower-priced Subaru Tribeca insurance in Milwaukee can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find affordable Subaru Tribeca insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)