Price shopping your Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Milwaukee may be difficult for drivers who have little experience buying insurance online. People have so many options that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to lower your rates on Pontiac Grand Am insurance.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in Wisconsin being $1,340, drivers could save up to 30% a year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
You need to do rate comparisons yearly because car insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rate on Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Milwaukee a year ago there may be better deals available now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Grand Am insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to lower your car insurance bill.
Finding Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Milwaukee, WI
When comparing insurance rates, know that quoting more helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company does online Milwaukee Grand Am insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts to get affordable Milwaukee insurance quotes
Some companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your insurance premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free Pontiac Grand Am insurance quotes in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Lower Your Milwaukee Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Grand Am is just wasting money.
- Teenage drivers pay high rates – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Milwaukee insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which family members are covered?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you want to use a good Milwaukee insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance
2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #7 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 483-3300 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Baiio Marchan
3647 S Chase Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 744-2192 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Adam Altis
6015 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-9944 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Milwaukee independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Adams Insurance Service Inc
11046 W Bluemound Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53226 – (414) 257-2070 – View Map
- Bill Luepke Insurance Agency
1223 E Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-1040 – View Map
- Frank Medina Insurance WI
342 N Water St Ste 600 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 877-0777 – View Map
Can switching companies really save?
Big name companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads in print and on television. All the companies advertise claims that people will save if you just switch your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, a profitable insured might have to be a married male, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Milwaukee and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t meet these criteria will see a higher premium and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make claims like that. Because of this risk profiling, you need to compare rate quotes every year. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
The cheapest Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Milwaukee can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to shop for Pontiac Grand Am insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)