Do you want to learn to get the cheapest insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced Chevy Bolt EV insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to find insurance online and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and get the lowest possible price from Milwaukee insurance agents and online providers.
The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers just need to understand the best way to compare price quotes over the internet.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Wisconsin. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Milwaukee, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Bolt EV with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Milwaukee is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Wisconsin consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing that people will save after switching your coverage.
How is it possible that every company can offer you a better deal on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Milwaukee?
Most companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of driver may need to be over the age of 45, has no prior claims, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get low car insurance rates and will save a lot of money.
Insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will get higher premium rates which results in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which auto insurance company will be your best fit.
Take advantage of these discounts on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Milwaukee
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Bolt EV insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Milwaukee could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, accident-free, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, driver training, membership and employees, military active duty, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, defensive driver, early signing, auto/life discount, and farm vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered in your state. To choose companies that offer multiple discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Milwaukee.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of car insurance agents in Milwaukee
When narrowing the list to find a good Milwaukee insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Milwaukee can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below are Milwaukee independent insurance agents who can help you get free car insurance quotes.
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Jaime Mercado
709 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 481-4400 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Baiio Marchan
3647 S Chase Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 744-2192 – View Map
- State Farm: Bob Vitt
161 W Wisconsin Ave #5196 – Milwaukee, WI 53203 – (414) 276-3446 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Wisconsin?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you receive good responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Lower rates by being persistent
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Bolt EV insurance car insurance rates in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)