Chevy Traverse insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Chevy Traverse insurance in Milwaukee? Finding low cost rates on Chevy Traverse insurance in Milwaukee might be kind of frustrating for drivers new to online comparison shopping. With such a large number of agents and online companies available, it can be a lot of work to lower your prices on Chevy Traverse insurance.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that most auto insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Milwaukee could save themselves 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
It's important to get comparison quotes yearly because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Chevy Traverse insurance in Milwaukee a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
When looking for low cost Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from different Milwaukee insurance companies. The quickest method to do a complete rate comparison is to get quotes online.
Keep in mind that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Milwaukee Traverse insurance quotes online, so it's important to also get price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$124||$204||$220||$14||$66||$628||$52|
|Traverse LS AWD||$140||$194||$220||$14||$66||$634||$53|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$196||$282||$236||$14||$70||$798||$67|
|Traverse LT AWD||$204||$328||$202||$12||$60||$806||$67|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$192||$368||$220||$14||$66||$860||$72|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$148||$222||$202||$12||$60||$644||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in Milwaukee location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Milwaukee
The example below compares Chevrolet Traverse insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Chevrolet Traverse insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Wisconsin
Even though Milwaukee Traverse insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Traverse, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
How Your Traverse Insurance Rates are Determined
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The following are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Lower car insurance rates for being claim-free - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Wisconsin award the best rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Add-on coverages that aren't used - There are a ton of optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Safety ratings are a factor - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Excellent credit scores equal low costs - Credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Traverse by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Vehicle features that cut premiums - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Protect yourself with liability - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Save by driving less - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Traverse is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles - Companies use statistical claims data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD||75||101||72||93||90||90|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD||72||91||82||78||76||78|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Traverse insurance premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in school.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver's education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, switch companies, mature driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, air bags, membership and employees, good student, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, paperless, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, teen driver, good student, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and safe driver.
- USAA has discounts for family discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, annual mileage, and new vehicle.
If you need cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in Wisconsin, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from Milwaukee insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
What types of car insurance agents are in Milwaukee?
If you would like to find a local Milwaukee insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Milwaukee that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Reilly Insurance Services
3075 S Howell Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53207 - (414) 482-4461 - View Map
- Frank Medina Insurance WI
342 N Water St Ste 600 - Milwaukee, WI 53202 - (414) 877-0777 - View Map
- Tilley Insurance
12344 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53228 - (414) 235-3561 - View Map
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Milwaukee willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance
2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #7 - Milwaukee, WI 53207 - (414) 483-3300 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alex Ferreira
3436 South 13th Street - Milwaukee, WI 53215 - (414) 672-2000 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Adam Altis
6015 W Forest Home Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53220 - (414) 321-9944 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Cheap rates are available
Discount Chevy Traverse insurance in Milwaukee is attainable online and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered many ways to find cheap Chevy Traverse insurance in Milwaukee. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Traverse rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
When you buy Milwaukee auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)