Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Subaru Baja insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Subaru and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Milwaukee agents.
Consumers need to do price comparisons every six months because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Subaru Baja insurance in Milwaukee six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this post is to teach you how auto insurance companies operate. Consumers only have to learn how to compare price quotes over the internet.
Low-cost auto insurance in Milwaukee, WI
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
These discounts can lower Subaru Baja insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Baja may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Milwaukee and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver training, theft prevention, defensive driver, student driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, multi-policy, good student, newly married, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies with discount rates in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Their Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand the factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Young drivers in Wisconsin are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Physical damage deductibles – The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most larger insurers give lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Certain employers raise premiums – Occupations like doctors, architects and accountants have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Alarm systems save money – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Milwaukee that may be able to give price quote information.
- Frank Marchan Insurance Agency, LLC
3931 S Howell Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 755-4999 – View Map
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Tilley Insurance
12344 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53228 – (414) 235-3561 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Walt Buckhanan
5406 N Lovers Lane Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53225 – (414) 269-8945 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Dennis James
6111 W Bluemound Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53213 – (414) 259-0040 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Milwaukee?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Can you really save $435 a year?
Wisconsin consumers can’t get away from all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all advertise the message that people will save just by moving to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can lower your premium rates? It’s all in the wording.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. One example of a desirable insured should be over age 30, has other policies, and insures a new vehicle. A propective insured who matches that profile receives the best auto insurance rates in Milwaukee and as a result will probably save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who do not fit these standards will see a more expensive rate and business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
Because of these techniques, you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have better auto insurance rates than you’re paying now.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Subaru Baja insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)