Comparing and finding more affordable prices for Dodge Challenger insurance in Milwaukee could be difficult for drivers who have little experience online rate comparisons. There are so many options available that it can easily turn into a big hassle to find cheaper prices on Dodge Challenger insurance.
Remarkably, a study showed that most car insurance policyholders in Wisconsin have purchased from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by 46.5% a year, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons before your next renewal because insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Dodge Challenger insurance in Milwaukee six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Challenger insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Milwaukee.
Quoting and comparing rates for the most affordable policy in Milwaukee is not as confusing as people think. Nearly everyone who needs cheaper insurance most likely will be able to save money. Nevertheless, Wisconsin car owners must learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
How to get free Dodge Challenger insurance quotes online
Just remember that quoting more increases your odds of finding better pricing. Not every company does price estimates online, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise insurance rates significantly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Wisconsin minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Challenger claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Milwaukee
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents increase Dodge Challenger auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America overpays more than $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Discount Milwaukee insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Milwaukee. To choose insurers that offer multiple discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Milwaukee.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Milwaukee that can provide free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Types of car insurance agents in Milwaukee
If you want a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you need to get quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you price quotes.
- B and J Insurance Agency, Inc.
4234 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 461-4120 – View Map
- Dominguez Insurance Agency
2016 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-5955 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Roger Channing
4369 S Howell Ave #201 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-9400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Stanley
3525 S 68th St – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-3700 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Walt Buckhanan
5406 N Lovers Lane Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53225 – (414) 269-8945 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does their agency support local causes in Milwaukee?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Upon receiving good responses for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel coverage when you choose so never feel that you’re stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Cheap Dodge Challenger insurance in Milwaukee is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
As you quote Milwaukee auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)