Would you like to save money by finding cheaper Suzuki Equator insurance in Milwaukee? Online rate comparisons for cheap Equator insurance may appear to be difficult at first if you are one of the many people new to online car insurance quotes. Don’t worry though because using the internet to shop for Suzuki Equator insurance in Milwaukee is actually quite easy.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of Wisconsin drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around occasionally because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates on Suzuki Equator insurance in Milwaukee a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Milwaukee can initially seem challenging. If you currently have insurance, you should be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Nevertheless, Wisconsin car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Most larger insurance companies give coverage price quotes on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Suzuki Equator insurance in Milwaukee is quite easy as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Suzuki Equator insurance in Milwaukee helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find lower-cost prices.
To find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$168||$338||$278||$16||$84||$884||$74|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$140||$244||$310||$18||$92||$804||$67|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$174||$344||$278||$16||$84||$896||$75|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$174||$344||$278||$16||$84||$896||$75|
|Equator Ext Cab 4WD||$198||$358||$230||$14||$68||$868||$72|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$120||$218||$234||$14||$70||$656||$55|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$364||$260||$16||$78||$890||$74|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$224||$422||$230||$14||$68||$958||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter prices considerably.
Impact of citations and accidents on Milwaukee insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Suzuki Equator insurance premiums for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Suzuki Equator yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Affordable rates on Suzuki Equator insurance in Milwaukee with these discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Milwaukee Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Milwaukee can help you save on car insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Save with a New Car – Putting coverage on a new Equator can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, accident-free, good driver, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, defensive driver, driver training, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, good student, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, and home ownership.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, air bags, and multi-policy.
Check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policies in Milwaukee.
Buying auto insurance from Milwaukee insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been in business in Milwaukee?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Exclusive and independent Milwaukee car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Milwaukee may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Kelley
5913 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 988-5271 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alex Ferreira
3436 South 13th Street – Milwaukee, WI 53215 – (414) 672-2000 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below are Milwaukee independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kirchen Insurance
2255 W Good Hope Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53209 – (414) 352-5750 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- Friedle Insurance Agency Inc
7700 W Bluemound Rd #110 – Wauwatosa, WI 53213 – (414) 475-0110 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to all your questions as well as cheaper Equator insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is my Suzuki Equator covered for flood damage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buy Lower-cost Auto Insurance with These Tips
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Gender and insurance coverage costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a significant other can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Credit score impacts premium costs – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Suzuki Equator by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- More mileage equals more premium – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Equator can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Suzuki Equator in Milwaukee, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Suzuki Equator, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Suzuki Equator and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last note
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Suzuki Equator insurance rates in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Milwaukee car insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)