Did you make the mistake of buying an expensive auto insurance policy? You’re in good company because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Wisconsin can save about 30% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the best company.
It’s important to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Milwaukee last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Pathfinder insurance online, but we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Milwaukee.
We hope to let you in on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Although Wisconsin car owners do need to understand how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Affects performance affects auto insurance rates – The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Nissan Pathfinder is classified as a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee.
- Higher prices for coverage lapses – Going without insurance is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Too many policy claims will drive prices up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Wisconsin award most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Your age impacts your premiums – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Young drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of insurers will give better rates for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Long commutes cost more – The more you drive your Nissan every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Pathfinder may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Claims statistics for a Nissan Pathfinder – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to buy Nissan Pathfinder insurance online
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best price.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$82||$160||$260||$16||$78||$596||$50|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$170||$288||$260||$16||$78||$812||$68|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$84||$128||$216||$12||$64||$504||$42|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$220||$362||$310||$18||$92||$1,002||$84|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$182||$276||$236||$14||$70||$778||$65|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$164||$242||$230||$14||$68||$718||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates significantly.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in the media
Popular car insurance providers such as Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. They all seem to convey the message about savings just by switching to them. Is it even possible that every company can claim to save you money? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Most companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of this type of driver may need to be a married male, owns their home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will probably get the lowest prices and will also cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for this stringent profile must pay a more expensive rate which results in the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings.
Because of these techniques, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just not possible to know the company that will have the best prices at this point in time.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Pathfinder in Milwaukee, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Pathfinder has a lien holder, most lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Nissan and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Pathfinder more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Wisconsin overpays more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Save money on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Milwaukee with these discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Milwaukee auto insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 get Milwaukee auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Milwaukee, follow this link.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Milwaukee.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Milwaukee who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When researching local Milwaukee agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Milwaukee agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Milwaukee that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 546-2100 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing a policy, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What if I total my Nissan Pathfinder and owe more than it’s worth?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced online and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)