Want to learn how to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Lincoln MKC insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Lincoln and locate the lowest price.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Milwaukee is much easier if you know where to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. You just need to know the most time-saving way to compare different rates online.
Where can I get low cost Milwaukee Lincoln MKC insurance?
Most companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give pricing on the web. The process is easy for anyone because you just enter your required coverages into the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system orders your driving and credit reports and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Getting online quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Milwaukee makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you want to get cheap prices.
In order to use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you’re receiving a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before they will apply.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
- Milwaukee Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, location of vehicle, good student, good driver, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, multi-car, alternative fuel, mature driver, pay in full, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, driver training, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Allstate may include discounts for eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, 55 and retired, new car, EZ pay plan discount, teenSMART discount, and economy car.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, membership and employees, daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
If you need cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Lincoln MKC insurance quotes in Wisconsin, click here.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Milwaukee Insurance Costs
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut car insurance rates – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder vehicle theft.
- Always keep your car insurance in place – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Wisconsin motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Lincoln MKC claim statistics – Companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the loss history for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKC Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Milwaukee?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How many years have they been established?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you want a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Milwaukee may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Milwaukee exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Jaime Mercado
709 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 481-4400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Kelley
5913 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 988-5271 – View Map
- Len Cratic Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
10721 W Capitol Dr #127 – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 527-4288 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give rate quotes.
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Robertson Ryan and Associates, Inc
330 E Kilbourn Ave #650 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 271-3575 – View Map
- See Insurance
4680 W Bradley Rd #203 – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5433 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Cover all your bases
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When getting Milwaukee car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is available at these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)