Finding cheap Kia Optima insurance in Milwaukee could be kind of frustrating for drivers not familiar with online rate comparisons. With so many options of insurers to choose from, it can turn into a real hassle to find the best price in Wisconsin on Kia Optima insurance.
A study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,343, Milwaukee drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes periodically because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rate on Kia Optima insurance in Milwaukee last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Milwaukee can be much easier if you know how to start. In essence, every driver who is required to buy insurance will more than likely find a lower price. Nevertheless, Wisconsin consumers do need to understand how companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
Get affordable Kia Optima insurance in Milwaukee with discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current Optima insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will reduce your overall bill.
Companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, premier plus, good payer, early signing, utility vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, defensive driving, easy pay, family plan, anti-theft, good student, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
Check with all the companies how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered in your area.
When shopping for low cost Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The simplest method to find the lowest Kia Optima rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Kia Optima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Optima auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact formula for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Optima replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How long has the business existed?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance
2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #7 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 483-3300 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jaime Mercado
709 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 481-4400 – View Map
- Len Cratic Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
10721 W Capitol Dr #127 – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 527-4288 – View Map
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee who can help you get price quote information.
- Brew City Insurance
2937 S Chicago Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-6600 – View Map
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5433 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy at any time so never assume you are locked into any particular company with no way to switch.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Kia Optima insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)