Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because many Milwaukee consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Milwaukee could save approximately 30% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Due to the increasing number of different company options, it can be hard to locate a more affordable insurer.
How to find cheap Ford Explorer insurance in Milwaukee, WI
Most of the larger companies provide prices direct online. Getting Ford Explorer insurance prices online is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information on the page. After you submit the form their system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$162||$226||$236||$14||$70||$708||$59|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$136||$204||$216||$12||$64||$632||$53|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$154||$250||$220||$14||$66||$704||$59|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$198||$302||$310||$18||$92||$920||$77|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$228||$300||$302||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$196||$344||$278||$16||$84||$918||$77|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$140||$236||$242||$14||$72||$704||$59|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$96||$160||$220||$14||$66||$556||$46|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$194||$294||$234||$14||$70||$806||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can influence Ford Explorer auto insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cheap Ford Explorer insurance quotes in Milwaukee
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Explorer insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Milwaukee auto insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and bundle.
- American Family discounts include air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, student away at school, save driver, driver training, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, bundle discounts, good student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, new vehicle, driver training, defensive driver, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, good student, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, and newly married.
If you want cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Milwaukee, click this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though Milwaukee Explorer insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Wisconsin and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Explorer with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Explorer. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying a policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Wisconsin minimum liability coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Wisconsin?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Explorer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Milwaukee
When looking for a local Milwaukee insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Milwaukee are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee willing to provide price quotes.
After getting positive feedback and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can properly insure your vehicles.