When trying to find lower-cost insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance choices in Milwaukee? Many other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many choices available that it can turn into a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Milwaukee is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it hard to be able to buy decent coverage.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the U.S. could pocket approximately 47% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around once or twice a year since insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Milwaukee six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is lot of inaccurate information about Escalade insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance rates in Milwaukee.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Not every company provides online Milwaukee Escalade insurance quotes, so you also need to get rates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$274||$500||$388||$22||$116||$1,300||$108|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$270||$406||$288||$18||$86||$1,068||$89|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$232||$418||$324||$20||$98||$1,092||$91|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$332||$596||$388||$22||$116||$1,454||$121|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$188||$406||$272||$16||$82||$964||$80|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$264||$590||$314||$18||$94||$1,280||$107|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$306||$460||$376||$22||$112||$1,276||$106|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$144||$284||$324||$20||$98||$870||$73|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$206||$356||$340||$20||$102||$1,024||$85|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$140||$302||$250||$14||$74||$780||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Cadillac Escalade insurance prices for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Policy deductible comparison
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Cadillac Escalade yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance in Wisconsin serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, insurance is required in Wisconsin but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Lower rates come with age – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers are proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Know your credit rating – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Cadillac Escalade if you improve your credit rating.
- Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Insurance costs and driver gender – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Things like roadside assistance, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Cadillac Escalade scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Cadillac Escalade historical loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac Escalade vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Cadillac Escalade Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD 156 122 Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD 132 99 119 55 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD 124 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD 123 106 155
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Milwaukee car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always list every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Early Signing – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- E-sign – Certain car insurance companies will provide an incentive get Milwaukee auto insurance online.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, home ownership, early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, teen driver, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- USAA may have discounts that include driver training, loyalty savings, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, family discount, military installation, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, good student, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Milwaukee. If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Wisconsin, click here.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Milwaukee.
By using this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in Milwaukee that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you will want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- Dern and Company
10335 W Oklahoma Ave #203 – Milwaukee, WI 53227 – (414) 935-5700 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Derold Barker
2215 E North Ave #1 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 332-8350 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Kelley
5913 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 988-5271 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Edward Thomas
4641 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 327-4770 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Affordable coverage is out there
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to reduce Cadillac Escalade insurance premium rates online in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)