Purchasing lower-cost Milwaukee Scion xB insurance quotes on the internet might appear overwhelming for people new to quoting and shopping for insurance online. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can anyone possibly compare every one to find cheaper insurance prices?
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average insurance premium being $1,340, Wisconsin drivers could cut their rates by roughly 30% a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Scion xB insurance in Milwaukee on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Milwaukee is easy to do. But Wisconsin consumers must know how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rates in Wisconsin
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
How high should deductibles be?
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Scion xB insurance premiums for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based car insurance rates in Milwaukee
The example below shows the comparison of Scion xB annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims influence Scion xB premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discount Milwaukee car insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Milwaukee may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current xB insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, safety features, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for group or association, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, mature driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Milwaukee, follow this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Poor credit can mean higher costs – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Scion xB by improving your credit score. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
Marriage brings a discount – Being married actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Safer occupants lowers insurance rates – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Teenage drivers cost more – Drivers with little experience are proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Bad driving means higher rates – Just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce insurance rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
Scion xB claim probability – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Scion xB vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Scion xB Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is glass protection for?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Wisconsin?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Milwaukee auto insurance agents?
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long has their agency been in business in Milwaukee?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Milwaukee?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good Milwaukee insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Karin Bojarski-Vella State Farm®
7919 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-1141 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Derold Barker
2215 E North Ave #1 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 332-8350 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Milwaukee independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5433 – View Map
- Friedle Insurance Agency Inc
7700 W Bluemound Rd #110 – Wauwatosa, WI 53213 – (414) 475-0110 – View Map
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When getting Milwaukee auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable car insurance in Milwaukee can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Milwaukee insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to find cheaper Scion xB insurance in Milwaukee. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Milwaukee auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Scion xB insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)