How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for more affordable insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Audi A8 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we'll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a Audi and find the lowest possible price.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in Milwaukee could cut their rates by as much as 30% a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to save money and possibly find even better coverage. This article will help you learn the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some money-saving tips. Consumers just need to learn the quickest method to shop for car insurance online.
Best Audi A8 insurance rate quotes in Wisconsin
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$380||$236||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$328||$236||$14||$70||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices substantially.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below shows the comparison of Audi A8 car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Audi A8 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Audi A8 insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Milwaukee
The diagram below shows the difference between Audi A8 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower rate quotes by applying discounts
Some providers don't always publicize all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain car insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Student - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, multiple autos, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, driver training, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, air bags, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, driver training, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Milwaukee. To find insurers with the best Audi A8 insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Better car insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Gender and insurance coverage rates - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Most insurance companies allow better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums - Companies in Wisconsin give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Insurance loss statistics an Audi A8 - Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Audi A8 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A8 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A8 4dr 4WD 289 108 261 Audi A8L 4dr 4WD 300 88 279 62
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Milwaukee auto insurance agents?
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Milwaukee who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is there a local claims center in Milwaukee?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Milwaukee are either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's worth learning the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 546-2100 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Lorene Hirsch Agency LLC
3927 S 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53220 - (414) 329-3999 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Kelley
5913 W Howard Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53220 - (414) 988-5271 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's recommended you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get price quote information.
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 352-1118 - View Map
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave - South Milwaukee, WI 53172 - (414) 762-8900 - View Map
- Unisource Insurance Associates, LLC
10425 W North Ave #226 - Milwaukee, WI 53226 - (414) 774-7040 - View Map
The best rates come from being thorough
When you buy Milwaukee car insurance online, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Audi A8 insurance in Milwaukee. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
Lower-priced Audi A8 insurance in Milwaukee is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)