How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Kia Spectra insurance in Milwaukee? Perplexed by the crazy number of insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. Wisconsin vehicle owners have so many options that it can quickly become hard work to compare insurance rates on Kia Spectra insurance. Milwaukee has lots to offer, but budgeting for expensive insurance can make it impossible to keep a tight budget.
Remarkably, a study showed that most Wisconsin insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the United States could save themselves as much as $859 a year, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons yearly because prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Milwaukee a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can search a lot of Spectra insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
How to shop Kia Spectra insurance online
Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Milwaukee with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts – Some car insurance companies will give you a small discount shop Milwaukee car insurance on your computer.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for lower premium rates.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, air bags, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers discounts for driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, new car, save driver, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, good student, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, safety features, and new move discount.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you need inexpensive Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Milwaukee, auto insurance is required in Wisconsin but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Kia Spectra, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Spectra greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Wisconsin is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- What is the minimum liability in Wisconsin?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying insurance from Milwaukee auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Milwaukee.
By using this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from local Milwaukee agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Milwaukee agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
- Dominguez Insurance Agency
2016 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-5955 – View Map
- Wesley Insurance
5600 W Center St – Milwaukee, WI 53210 – (414) 873-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Alex Ferreira
3436 South 13th Street – Milwaukee, WI 53215 – (414) 672-2000 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Joseph Setum Jr
3457 S Kinnickinnic Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 769-0701 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Hoffman
2090 Miller Park Way – West Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 384-1200 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Milwaukee?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?