Are you irritated from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other Wisconsin consumers.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Wisconsin have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many drivers in the United States could save as much as $860 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money. Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to discover the definitive lowest price on Acura NSX insurance in Milwaukee.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance in Wisconsin serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura NSX in Milwaukee, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Acura NSX, most banks will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Wisconsin consumers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the best premium rates from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims that people will save if you switch your policy.
How is it possible that every company can charge lower premium rates? This is how they do it.
Most companies have specific criteria for a prospective insured that will be a good risk. For example, this type of driver could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest prices in Milwaukee and therefore will cut their Acura NSX insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not match those standards will get more expensive rates and the customer not purchasing. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. That’s the way companies can make those claims. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Acura NSX insurance in Milwaukee
Companies do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Club Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers can get lower premium rates.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Milwaukee?
When finding a local Milwaukee insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Milwaukee are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Milwaukee exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Milwaukee independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
Quote. Compare. Save.
A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable car insurance in Milwaukee is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Acura NSX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Milwaukee car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)