Finding the most affordable Milwaukee Toyota Highlander insurance quotes online might appear challenging for consumers who are new to buying their car insurance on the web. With more and more companies competing online, how can anyone have the ability to compare every possible option in order to find better car insurance prices?
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Milwaukee insurance shoppers could save themselves $400 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Your location is a factor - Residing in areas with lower population is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and more severe claims. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Raise deductibles and save - Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Teenagers vs. experienced drivers - Youthful drivers in Wisconsin have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Stressful occupation may mean higher rates - Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher premium rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as farmers, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Married drivers pay less - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It means you're less irresponsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Highlander - Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Highlander vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Highlander Vehicles
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD 88 82 94 94 78 75 Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD 95 86 117 88 74 78 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It's important to know that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$156||$272||$298||$18||$90||$834||$70|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$156||$254||$220||$14||$66||$710||$59|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$158||$236||$234||$14||$70||$712||$59|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$158||$222||$302||$18||$90||$790||$66|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$126||$204||$236||$14||$70||$650||$54|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$242||$412||$234||$14||$70||$972||$81|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$248||$434||$310||$18||$92||$1,102||$92|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$154||$272||$310||$18||$92||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Highlander replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Toyota Highlander annual premium costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Is there deception in advertising?
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies convey the message that you'll save big just by moving to them. Is it even possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer may need to be married and over the age of 30, has a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price as well as save some money.
Insureds who don't meet the "perfect" profile may be required to pay higher prices which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why drivers should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict which insurance company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Milwaukee Highlander insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Toyota Highlander but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get discounts on Milwaukee auto insurance
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- College Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Milwaukee without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, switch companies, business and professional, pay in full, alternative fuel, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good student.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, good student, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Insurance agencies can help
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Milwaukee?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has the business existed?
Car insurance agents in Milwaukee come in two varieties
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Milwaukee agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee willing to provide rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Jaime Mercado
709 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53221 - (414) 481-4400 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Michael L. Voss
332 N 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53213 - (414) 257-2121 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Paul Rathkamp
11805 W Hampton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53225 - (414) 438-1515 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with companies you've never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Below are Milwaukee independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave - South Milwaukee, WI 53172 - (414) 762-8900 - View Map
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-5433 - View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd - Brookfield, WI 53005 - (262) 432-4200 - View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Don't give up on affordable rates
People leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Toyota Highlander insurance in Milwaukee is attainable on the web and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Wisconsin is available on the following sites:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)