If you are new to online price comparisons, you may be confused due to the large selection of local and online companies competing for business in Milwaukee.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Milwaukee can cut their rates by 30% a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
When shopping for the cheapest Chevrolet Cobalt rate quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from local Milwaukee car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Chevy Cobalt rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find a lower rate than you're paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give Milwaukee Cobalt insurance quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$484||$314||$18||$94||$1,078||$90|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$284||$340||$20||$102||$890||$74|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$434||$324||$20||$98||$1,046||$87|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$124||$294||$324||$20||$98||$860||$72|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$352||$260||$16||$78||$884||$74|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$406||$348||$20||$104||$1,074||$90|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$166||$340||$296||$18||$88||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates considerably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Chevrolet Cobalt yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Cobalt insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurance providers don't always list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Milwaukee car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Milwaukee drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Milwaukee car insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Cobalt can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Cobalt insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a safe driver class may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, good driver, and age of vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, good student, air bags, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to view insurers with the best Chevy Cobalt insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click here to view.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How long have they been in business?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-5533 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Edward Thomas
4641 W Forest Home Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 327-4770 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dennis James
6111 W Bluemound Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53213 - (414) 259-0040 - View Map
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 352-1118 - View Map
- Bill Luepke Insurance Agency
1223 E Howard Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53207 - (414) 482-1040 - View Map
- Tilley Insurance
12344 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53228 - (414) 235-3561 - View Map
Which is the best insurance?
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Cobalt?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Wisconsin?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
But they said I'd save $434 a year!
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you move your policy. That's great but how can every company charge you less for car insurance?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. An example of a driver they prefer could be over the age of 45, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anyone that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Milwaukee and will also cut their Chevy Cobalt insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who don't measure up to the ideal profile will get higher rates and this results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Each company has different criteria, so you really should do a quote comparison often. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the best Chevy Cobalt insurance in Milwaukee.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverages - This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Cobalt.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Coverage for medical payments - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance - Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, structural damage, repair bills for other people's vehicles and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Wisconsin requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Collision coverage - This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Cobalt from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Cobalt to bring the cost down.
Smart consumers save more
When getting Milwaukee car insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest Chevy Cobalt insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)