Finding more affordable rates on Chevy Malibu insurance in Milwaukee is hard for beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. With dozens of insurance companies available, it can quickly become a ton of work to find cheaper rates on Chevy Malibu insurance.
Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Wisconsin insurance shoppers could save $373 each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
It's a good habit to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest price on Chevy Malibu insurance in Milwaukee a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Malibu insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance bill.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Quoting and buying affordable car insurance policy in Milwaukee is quite easy. Although Wisconsin drivers must learn how insurance companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
To get low cost Milwaukee car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The fastest way to find affordable insurance rates consists of shopping online.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Milwaukee which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Milwaukee
The information below compares Chevrolet Malibu insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Careless driving habits raise Milwaukee car insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can increase Chevrolet Malibu insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lien holder, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves your Chevy Malibu and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance advertising tricks
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to convey the message about savings if you switch your insurance coverage to their company. How can each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the trick they use.
Different companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. One example of a desirable risk might be over the age of 35, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile may get the lowest premium rates in Milwaukee and have a good chance to cut their Chevy Malibu insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who fall short of those criteria will have to pay higher prices and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why it's extremely important to do a quote comparison often. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Milwaukee insurance discounts for a Chevy Malibu
Companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, and early bird.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including save driver, student away at school, continuous insurance, driver training, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, good student, and switch companies.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, military installation, driver training, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, newly married, safety features, and newly retired.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer discounts in Milwaukee, click this link.
Local Milwaukee insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Milwaukee.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house because prices are sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
When researching local Milwaukee agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Milwaukee independent agencies that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Tilley Insurance
12344 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53228 - (414) 235-3561 - View Map
- B and J Insurance Agency, Inc.
4234 N 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53222 - (414) 461-4120 - View Map
- See Insurance
4680 W Bradley Rd #203 - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-5433 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance
2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #7 - Milwaukee, WI 53207 - (414) 483-3300 - View Map
- Diana Kostal - State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 E Capitol Dr - Milwaukee, WI 53211 - (414) 964-8680 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Gregory Felzer
790 N Milwaukee St #110 - Milwaukee, WI 53202 - (414) 224-9000 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
After you get positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always cancel your policy any time you want so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy indefinitely.
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
When searching for inexpensive Milwaukee car insurance quotes, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered some good ideas how to save on Chevy Malibu insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)