No one looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
Unthinkable but true, most car insurance buyers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in Wisconsin can cut their rates by approximately 30% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest cost out there.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Buying affordable insurance in Milwaukee is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Wisconsin consumers should learn how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
All major auto insurance companies give prices for coverage from their websites. Comparing Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates online is pretty painless as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Quoting online for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Milwaukee makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you're receiving a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These ten discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- E-sign Discounts - Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on your computer.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your car insurance premiums.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and passive restraint.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Switch & Save, renters, good student, paid-in-full, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, multi-policy, safety features, preferred payment discount, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, company car, safe driver, teen driver, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-policy, military active duty, daytime running lights, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see providers that offer multiple discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Why you need Ford vehicle insurance in Wisconsin
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
When do I need an agent's advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local insurance agents
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Milwaukee that may be able to provide rate quotes for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Milwaukee.
12344 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53228 - (414) 235-3561 - View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers to your questions as well as cheaper C-Max Energi insurance quotes, you've probably found an insurance company that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind policyholders can cancel coverage whenever you want so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company for the entire policy term.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Wisconsin limits are 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for nursing services, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, hail damage and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your C-Max Energi caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your C-Max Energi in order to get cheaper collision rates.