Are you tired of not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
It's astonishing, but almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Milwaukee can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Since you have so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to choose the lowest price auto insurance company.
Ways to get Audi S5 insurance rate quotes in Milwaukee
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$692||$298||$18||$90||$1,362||$114|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$130||$332||$260||$16||$78||$816||$68|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$138||$266||$236||$14||$70||$724||$60|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$448||$234||$14||$70||$960||$80|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$640||$298||$18||$90||$1,282||$107|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$258||$630||$260||$16||$78||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can increase Audi S5 car insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below shows the difference between Audi S5 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Audi S5 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Slash rates with these discounts on Audi S5 insurance in Milwaukee
Companies don't always list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Milwaukee Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their insurance company to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will help lower your overall bill.
If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Milwaukee?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does their agency support local causes in Milwaukee?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Different types of Milwaukee auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but it's worth learning the difference between them because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Milwaukee independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my Audi S5 need full coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Milwaukee?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Car Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
A car insurance policy lapse can increase prices - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Car insurance liability protection limits - Liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Job stress can make you pay more - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, business owners and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
Small coverages can add up - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Compare rates if you combine your policies - Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to customers that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying car insurance from a different company.
Responsible credit equals lower rates - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Audi S5 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Fewer miles means better prices - Driving more miles in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated S5 can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
The type of vehicle makes a difference - The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Since the Audi S5 is considered a luxury sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much than the average rate where you live in Milwaukee. Economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Audi S5 historical loss data - Companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi S5 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi S5 Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S5 2dr 4WD||197||85||161||68|
|Audi S5 Convertible 4WD||162||62||124|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your S5 just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi S5 in Milwaukee, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Quote more and you will save more
More affordable insurance in Milwaukee is available both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)