Want to know an easy way to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee consumers have options when looking for low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you're going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and get the cheapest rates from Milwaukee insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes at least once a year because auto insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best rate on Chevy Cruze insurance in Milwaukee last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Milwaukee is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save money using this strategy. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to compare different rates online.
Milwaukee insurance discounts for a Chevy Cruze
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable companies to monitor where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, and military active duty.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, multi-car, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, air bags, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Chevy Cruze insurance in Milwaukee is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how many miles driven, level of coverage desired, if you have an active license, and if the car is leased. Your rating data is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Milwaukee.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Components of Your Chevy Cruze Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles - Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Remove unneeded add-on coverages - There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Liability coverage - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Never go without insurance - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Loss probability for a Chevy Cruze - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Cruze?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Milwaukee should be willing to answer these questions.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
When finding local Milwaukee agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Lorene Hirsch Agency LLC
3927 S 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53220 - (414) 329-3999 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Walt Buckhanan
5406 N Lovers Lane Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53225 - (414) 269-8945 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alex Ferreira
3436 South 13th Street - Milwaukee, WI 53215 - (414) 672-2000 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee willing to provide rate quotes.
- Brew City Insurance
2937 S Chicago Ave - South Milwaukee, WI 53172 - (414) 762-6600 - View Map
- Frank Medina Insurance WI
342 N Water St Ste 600 - Milwaukee, WI 53202 - (414) 877-0777 - View Map
- Reilly Insurance Services
3075 S Howell Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53207 - (414) 482-4461 - View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Wisconsin is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cruze insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Cruze, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
More effort can pay off
We've covered a lot of tips how to find cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don't offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)