If you've never shopped for Milwaukee car insurance quotes online, you can be overwhelmed by the vast assortment local agents and online companies vying for business in Milwaukee.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Milwaukee is not that difficult. Essentially every person who needs lower cost auto insurance should find a better price. But Wisconsin consumers need to learn the way insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Lower-cost Milwaukee insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- College Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, good student, federal employee, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, newly married, and new graduate.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
Reduce insurance rates by driving cars with good safety ratings - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac ATS scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Drivers with good credit save - Having a good credit history factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Cadillac ATS by repairing your credit.
Urban areas may pay more - Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
Cheaper to insure females? - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men have auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Most major insurance companies will give better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
Avoid tickets and save - Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. People who have dangerous citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
Lower rates come with age - Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive when driving so insurance rates are higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
How much liability protection - Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Cadillac ATS claim statistics - Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Milwaukee car insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which family members are covered?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Dennis James
6111 W Bluemound Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53213 - (414) 259-0040 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alex Ferreira
3436 South 13th Street - Milwaukee, WI 53215 - (414) 672-2000 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 546-2100 - View Map
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get several quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
- Wesley Insurance
5600 W Center St - Milwaukee, WI 53210 - (414) 873-4500 - View Map
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-5433 - View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St - Milwaukee, WI 53204 - (414) 727-8284 - View Map
Once you have received good responses as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. It's important to know that you are able to terminate your policy whenever you wish so never assume you are locked into any specific company with no way out.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Be persistent to save money
When you buy Milwaukee car insurance online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Milwaukee is definitely available on the web and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)