Want to know how to find more affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Milwaukee? When shopping for lower-priced insurance, are you confused by the wide range of car insurance providers that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many providers available that it can turn into a difficult situation to find the lowest price for Chevy Sonic insurance in Milwaukee. If you live there, you know that Milwaukee is an excellent city in which to live, but pricey car insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to meet other financial obligations.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Wisconsin could save almost 30% each year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Wisconsin consumers must know the way companies calculate their prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Discounts for affordable insurance quotes
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that many people don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies allow discounts for signing up early. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could be rewarded with better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 get Milwaukee car insurance on the web.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Milwaukee car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance companies have lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Wisconsin, click here to view.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Sonic insurance in Milwaukee takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information including if you're married, what your job is, how much school you completed, and if you have a valid license. Your details is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
The Chevy Sonic Insurance Price Equation
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- What type of car do you drive? - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the Chevrolet Sonic is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Higher rates for insurance policy lapses - Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- What are your coverage deductibles? - The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Chevy Sonic insurance claim data - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Sonic Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need to contact an insurance agent?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Milwaukee.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Milwaukee who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a local Milwaukee insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Milwaukee agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee who may provide free price quotes.
- See Insurance
4680 W Bradley Rd #203 - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-5433 - View Map
- Friedle Insurance Agency Inc
7700 W Bluemound Rd #110 - Wauwatosa, WI 53213 - (414) 475-0110 - View Map
- Kirchen Insurance
2255 W Good Hope Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53209 - (414) 352-5750 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agents in Milwaukee willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Stanley
3525 S 68th St - Milwaukee, WI 53220 - (414) 321-3700 - View Map
- Len Cratic Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
10721 W Capitol Dr #127 - Milwaukee, WI 53222 - (414) 527-4288 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 546-2100 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long has their agency been in business in Milwaukee?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
If you receive positive feedback to your questions and cheap Sonic insurance quotes, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy Sonic but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper auto insurance in Milwaukee is available from both online companies and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Sonic insurance rates in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Milwaukee car insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Sonic insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)