Are you sick of overpaying and want the cheapest car insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Chevy Equinox insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Chevy and find the lowest price from both online companies and Milwaukee agents.
It's a good idea to quote other rates at least once a year because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Chevy Equinox insurance in Milwaukee two years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to quote online to buy cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance in Milwaukee.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$94||$184||$260||$16||$78||$632||$53|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$152||$296||$216||$12||$64||$740||$62|
|Equinox LS AWD||$170||$350||$260||$16||$78||$874||$73|
|Equinox LT AWD||$84||$156||$216||$12||$64||$532||$44|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$140||$278||$242||$14||$72||$746||$62|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$204||$388||$236||$14||$70||$912||$76|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$106||$218||$242||$14||$72||$652||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease coverage rates substantially.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Milwaukee
The information below compares Chevrolet Equinox insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Chevrolet Equinox premium costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Score discounts on Milwaukee car insurance
Companies do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to monitor driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Student in College - Youth drivers living away from Milwaukee attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on their website.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to view insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Milwaukee.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth learning why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to include a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Schwade Insurance Agency, Inc.
8131 W Capitol Dr - Milwaukee, WI 53222 - (414) 462-5000 - View Map
- B and J Insurance Agency, Inc.
4234 N 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53222 - (414) 461-4120 - View Map
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 352-1118 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Gregory Felzer
790 N Milwaukee St #110 - Milwaukee, WI 53202 - (414) 224-9000 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dennis James
6111 W Bluemound Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53213 - (414) 259-0040 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Derold Barker
2215 E North Ave #1 - Milwaukee, WI 53202 - (414) 332-8350 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Milwaukee?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Equinox Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings. Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the things that factor into your prices.
- Incidental coverages can cost a lot - There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Theft deterrents save - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
- High performance equals high costs - The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Since the Chevrolet Equinox is classified as a crossover, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee. The lowest performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- What's your car's NHTSA crash test rating? - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chevy Equinox scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Drivers with excellent credit save - Credit rating factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Equinox by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Fewer miles means better costs - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy annually the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your policy is rated on annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Equinox is throwing money out the window.
- Rates and your address - Living in a rural area can save you money when buying auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Chevy Equinox insurance loss data - Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD 82 86 74 101 104 93 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD 84 88 85 89 93 81
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your Chevy Equinox just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Equinox with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Equinox and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Do the work, save more money
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Equinox insurance in Milwaukee is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When you buy Milwaukee car insurance online, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)