Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable car insurance rates in Waukesha, WI? Waukesha consumers have a choice when looking for the best price on car insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a and find the best price possible.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Waukesha can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using this information. Consumers just need to learn the tricks to compare different rates online.
How to compare Waukesha auto insurance price quotes
Lowering your auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just need to invest a little time comparing rates to see which company has low cost Waukesha auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$636||$318||$53|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$858||$429||$72|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$808||$404||$67|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$706||$353||$59|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$708||$354||$59|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$494||$247||$41|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$664||$332||$55|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$586||$293||$49|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$644||$322||$54|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$752||$376||$63|
|Kia Optima EX||$680||$340||$57|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$930||$465||$78|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$788||$394||$66|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$794||$397||$66|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$624||$312||$52|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$660||$330||$55|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$830||$415||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific Waukesha garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims raise Ford Focus car insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Where to set your deductibles
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Hyundai Sonata insurance prices for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
When buying car insurance, a common question is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The following insurance rates illustrate how much more you'll pay when you select higher and lower policy deductibles. The first table uses a $100 deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible costs an average of $25 more each month or $300 for a full year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $900 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go more than 36 months between claims, you would save more money if you decide on a higher deductible.
Calculation for determining deductible levels
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$77|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $52|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$25|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $25|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||36 months|
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get Waukesha auto insurance quotes online.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children living away from Waukesha attending college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- E-sign Discounts - Some larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Waukesha, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Waukesha car insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Waukesha who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Waukesha should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
When looking for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Waukesha that are able to give rate quotes.
- Bill Hamilton Agency Inc. American Family Insurance
1425 Summit Ave Ste 204 - Waukesha, WI 53188 - (262) 547-0800 - View Map
- Chris Janet - State Farm Insurance Agent
325 E N St - Waukesha, WI 53188 - (262) 544-1500 - View Map
- Joe Bonow - State Farm Insurance Agent
1601 E Racine Ave - Waukesha, WI 53186 - (262) 896-0101 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you should always compare quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Waukesha that can give you price quotes.
- Hasler Insurance
1628 Auburn Ct - Waukesha, WI 53189 - (262) 549-0979 - View Map
- Jim Burg Insurance Agency
444 W Sunset Dr - Waukesha, WI 53189 - (262) 542-8484 - View Map
- American Advantage Insurance - Lindow Agency
2311 Silvernail Rd - Pewaukee, WI 53072 - (262) 548-8070 - View Map
Once you have received positive feedback to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Lower the price of auto insurance with these tips
It's important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the things companies use to determine your prices.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies - Most companies provide a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Physical damage deductibles - Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Your occupation is a factor - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like professors, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- File a policy claims and pay more - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Wisconsin award the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Alarm systems save money - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Good drivers pay lower costs - Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. People who have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Performance impacts insurance rates - The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually for lower cost passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Waukesha, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Wisconsin but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Frequent quotes can save
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your insurance premium rates in Waukesha. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)