Do you need a fast way to compare the cheapest auto insurance rates in West Allis, WI? Nobody likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in West Allis could save about 30% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Online insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in West Allis is easy if you know what you're doing. But Wisconsin vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to know most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether or not you need a SR-22, if the car is leased, what your job is, and your credit rating estimate. Your information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in West Allis.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$674||$337||$56|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$724||$362||$60|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$804||$402||$67|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$734||$367||$61|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$514||$257||$43|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$568||$284||$47|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$596||$298||$50|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$652||$326||$54|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$612||$306||$51|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$550||$275||$46|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$804||$402||$67|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$890||$445||$74|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$836||$418||$70|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$836||$418||$70|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$642||$321||$54|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$688||$344||$57|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$688||$344||$57|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Policy deductible comparison
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease GMC Acadia insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
West Allis insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below shows the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in West Allis. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Focus SE.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can raise Toyota Camry auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
You may qualify for discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy West Allis auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a West Allis auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Safe Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their West Allis auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, claim free, DriveSense, online shopper, safety device, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, air bags, anti-theft, military active duty, good student, and seat belt use.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, driver's education, and defensive driving training.
If you want the cheapest West Allis auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in West Allis. To choose insurance companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in West Allis, click here.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in West Allis.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to companies in West Allis that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. West Allis agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in West Allis that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in West Allis who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Insurance - Jerry Augustine Agency Inc
2514 S 102nd St Ste 190 - West Allis, WI 53227 - (414) 327-2020 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in West Allis?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Lower West Allis auto insurance costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Raise your deductibles for better premiums - Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs - Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? - There are many additional coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Being married brings a discount - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on auto insurance. It translates into being more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Insurance premiums and driver gender - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Vocation reflects on rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as fire fighters, architects and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop vehicle theft.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in West Allis, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cheaper auto insurance in West Allis is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance in West Allis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote West Allis auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
More information is available at these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)